Juggernaut64's Convertible Attack

Juggernaut64's Convertible Attack

Postby UEV » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:52 pm

juggernaut64, Joel was the youngest player ever to acquire the title of a strategist at the age of 12 circa 1980s, the National Champion for the Kiddies' Division (12 years and below), under the tutelage of the former GGF ( Game of the Generals Federation )headed by the inventor himself Mr. Ronnie Pasola, who then was in charge of sanctioning official tournaments.

Why is Juggernaut64 the toughest player to beat? (Well, aside from Marcus)

For one, Joel has a photographic memory. During the 2002 gamena.com days, there were certain programs which can record the entire sequences of game moves into a hard drive for your review. Joel has that program "installed" inside his brain. He is capable of recalling each piece rank, the adjacent of it, where it was positioned initially and all the combination of moves and challenges it made during and after any game. Hence, the more you play with him, the more he knows you. How you start, your formations, how you react, and most importantly your weaknesses. Joel may simply tie your first game, but he remembers everyhing you did and on the second time around, you will most likely be quashed. He prefers to know you first before playing any game with you. And knowing you extends further than just a game, rather knowing you personally well enough to give him a psyche advantage of knowing when exactly to take a gamble in exchange for an upperhand.

Second, Joel uses his photographic memory and deductive analysis to pinpoint your pieces' rank from the two spies down to the Flag, He will intentionally bluff and maneuver his pieces in such that each of yours will be challenged and taken out piece by piece on a one or two rank differential. If you didn't react or call his bluff, he could simply make a perpetual move to end the game via a tie or adjudication.

Third, Joel manuevers his pieces as if it were a chess game. His positions are usually what I termed as evergreen, that is even if you happen to read and detect his pieces' rank and formation including the Flag, you will not be able to enter in any manner without exposing your own defenses to attack. So the most likely safe alternative would be a tie or stand off. But in actual tournament play, ties may be broken via adjudication process under GGF tournament proceedings. Since Joel can remember the entire game photographically in his mind, you most likely will lose to adjudication.

Fourth, Joel had mastered the fundamentals long ago your time. He knows all the rules of safe play but is versatile enough to take a gamble by intentionally violating certain safe play rules especailly if he knows you well enough to take that chance. Otherwise, he likewise sticks to the fundamentals. His games can easily be convertible from orthodox to unorthodox depending on the type of opponent he encounters.

Fifth, Joel's psywar tactics will most likely force a reactive move on your part and once you commit this fundamental mistake, you are doomed. For starters, he will intentionally pick one or two pieces which are irrelevant to his defense and use these as gambits to attack any of your pieces at random to force you to react. Once you do, it's doomsday countdown.

The following has been contributed by one of the toughest opponent of all time, Juggernaut64. You may make variations of your own after experimenting. Remember, If you do not master the basic or fundamentals, ergo, my other topics, you will still lose. DO READ MY ARTICLE ON PSYWAR AND REACTIVE MOVES!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UEV

Re: Juggernaut64's Convertible Attack

Postby coloredair » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:14 pm

sir can you give me more tips about this one. im not so good in this game.. maybe you can take me under your wing sir
coloredair

Postby mercurian » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:17 am

UEV wrote:
juggernaut64, Joel was the youngest player ever to acquire the title of a strategist at the age of 12 circa 1980s, the National Champion for the Kiddies' Division (12 years and below), under the tutelage of the former GGF ( Game of the Generals Federation )headed by the inventor himself Mr. Ronnie Pasola, who then was in charge of sanctioning official tournaments.

Why is Juggernaut64 the toughest player to beat? (Well, aside from Marcus)

For one, Joel has a photographic memory. During the 2002 gamena.com days, there were certain programs which can record the entire sequences of game moves into a hard drive for your review. Joel has that program "installed" inside his brain. He is capable of recalling each piece rank, the adjacent of it, where it was positioned initially and all the combination of moves and challenges it made during and after any game. Hence, the more you play with him, the more he knows you. How you start, your formations, how you react, and most importantly your weaknesses. Joel may simply tie your first game, but he remembers everyhing you did and on the second time around, you will most likely be quashed. He prefers to know you first before playing any game with you. And knowing you extends further than just a game, rather knowing you personally well enough to give him a psyche advantage of knowing when exactly to take a gamble in exchange for an upperhand.

Second, Joel uses his photographic memory and deductive analysis to pinpoint your pieces' rank from the two spies down to the Flag, He will intentionally bluff and maneuver his pieces in such that each of yours will be challenged and taken out piece by piece on a one or two rank differential. If you didn't react or call his bluff, he could simply make a perpetual move to end the game via a tie or adjudication.

Third, Joel manuevers his pieces as if it were a chess game. His positions are usually what I termed as evergreen, that is even if you happen to read and detect his pieces' rank and formation including the Flag, you will not be able to enter in any manner without exposing your own defenses to attack. So the most likely safe alternative would be a tie or stand off. But in actual tournament play, ties may be broken via adjudication process under GGF tournament proceedings. Since Joel can remember the entire game photographically in his mind, you most likely will lose to adjudication.

Fourth, Joel had mastered the fundamentals long ago your time. He knows all the rules of safe play but is versatile enough to take a gamble by intentionally violating certain safe play rules especailly if he knows you well enough to take that chance. Otherwise, he likewise sticks to the fundamentals. His games can easily be convertible from orthodox to unorthodox depending on the type of opponent he encounters.

Fifth, Joel's psywar tactics will most likely force a reactive move on your part and once you commit this fundamental mistake, you are doomed. For starters, he will intentionally pick one or two pieces which are irrelevant to his defense and use these as gambits to attack any of your pieces at random to force you to react. Once you do, it's doomsday countdown.

The following has been contributed by one of the toughest opponent of all time, Juggernaut64. You may make variations of your own after experimenting. Remember, If you do not master the basic or fundamentals, ergo, my other topics, you will still lose. DO READ MY ARTICLE ON PSYWAR AND REACTIVE MOVES!

well, i like to challenge that formation by using my special, the Paladin Towers formation.

i'm not a veteran in this game, but i like to challenge great players.

i played this game a hundred times, but that does not mean that i'm a veteran in this game.

ang payo ko sa mga psywar tactics, be relaxed. hindi yan ma-sosolve ng pag-atake ng spy o 5-star general.
mercurian

Postby UEV » Sun May 03, 2009 11:20 pm

hahahahahahahaha :lol:
UEV

Postby juggernaut64 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:49 am

First, I wish to thank my kumpadre for this article. O ayan ha, huwag po kayong masyadong maniwala sa lahat ng nakasulat at kumpadre ko kasi si master UEV. he did this para ako ang maging target at hindi siya. hahaha.... and if i may correct one statement, with humility po and to expose my age, hehehe, I won the National Open Kiddies Division po when I was 12 nung 1976, di po 80's. hahaha... I met master UEV 1982 when we were both varsity players at UE kaya he wrote 80's circa.

To all my friends here, it will always be an honor to play and it gives me much pleasure and delight to see others improve their games. I am already in my twilight years as far as GG is concerned. Dinosaur na po ika nga. And I will never deprive anybody who wishes to learn more of this great game. So, here are my few initial tips:

1. Keep in mind that at the start of the game, parehas lang po kayo ng number at rank of pieces;
2. If I may reiterate my stand on deeper basics, compartmentalize the board by breaking it into three divisions, with 1 division comprising of 7 pieces and with one strong piece, either the 5 star or the 2 spies, per division;
3. There are also three major stages of the game, the opening, middle and end game. Opening game is having pieces 21 down to 14, middle is having 13 pieces down to 8 and end game is having 7 or less pieces;
4. Luck will play a major part of the game specially during the opening game as testings occur at this stage;
5. After analysis comes maneuvering and one may only develop these through practice, so keep on playing;
6. based on my personal opinion, the game is generally composed of 25% luck, 30% analysis, 30% maneuvering and 15% guts (for bluffing intents) and finally, what makes this a great game is that
7. No one is unbeatable!

And after conquering so many games, a real master of the game will prefer to win the ultimate battle - the respect and friendship of his opponent rather than the game!
Good luck guys and enjoy!
God bless!

Kuya Jug ;-)
juggernaut64

Postby mlzdg23 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi Sir Jug, I remember your ID Juggernaut, kaya pala parang familiar. I played din po kasi sa Gamena before and you and UEV are one of the toughest players back then(and still). any way just wanted to thank you guys for keeping the game alive and fun. before kasi I use like 100 ID's and scout most of my opponents positions and attack patterns, pero now that I'm much older I usually rely on my experience na lang(and luck of course). hope to play with you guys again in the future. Take Care Sir and God Bless.
mlzdg23

Postby Leooilisab » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Wow,
I am impressed on your in sight of Juggernaut 64. It seems you understand the game so well.
FYI the first adjudication happened during the round robin of top 10 National Open between Noel Basilio and Navarro back in 76 or 77. I vividly remember when Noel Basilio identified 7 of 12 pieces left correctly of course including the flag, two privates and one 2nd lieutenant... Navarro was very upset that night...
Leooilisab

Postby joshua » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:35 am

gud day sir noel basilio, according to maestro joel navarro: kayo daw po ay Sr Strategist of gg back in the golden days, pambato daw po kayo ng mapua, one of the top 10 players of gg history, karpov nga ng GG, pero sabi po niya ang kasabayan nyo daw po ay ang kuya nya, sya daw po ay naglalaro sa kiddies nun, 12 & below, kayo ay sa seniors div, 19 & above. 7 yrs older yung kuya nya sa kanya. kayo daw po ang isa sa mga idol nya!

you truly are a great pillar of this game sir! saludo po kami sa inyo! mabuhay po at salamat! God Bless!

joshua :)
joshua

Postby Leooilisab » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 am

Wow.. Yes i am one of the few senior Strategist at that time and have the highest Marz rating which was invented by Hermie Martinez. I used to visit Ronnie everytime i came home to visit. I migrated to the US since 1980. I hope to play with you guys when i visit Manila. Mabuhay at ipagpatuloy ninyo ang larong pilipino. To give you another thing Ronnie and I were able to play GG in real person where we had the Army vs Air force using real soldiers. I was coaching General Cano at that time. wow what a memories....

keep me update Thank you and Regards to all wonderfull players
Leooilisab

Postby Leooilisab » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:38 am

So Joel Navarro is the younger brother of Chito Navarro.
Leooilisab

Next

Return to Effective game strategies