Preferred Scouting pieces and Movement

argeey94

Preferred Scouting pieces and Movement

Post by argeey94 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Good day to you all. I started playing Salpakan back in high school. After about 4 games of losing my 5 star and spies immediately in the opening, I started putting them in the rear and having my colonel scout.

So ayun, years since I last played Salpakan and then I chanced upon this place. I started playing again right off the bat and, sure enough, losing streak hahaha.

So I opened this topic on scouting in general just to gain an understanding on the logic I should be employing whenever I scout. To give a summary of my preferred formation, my colonel and 3-star are in the frontline, one spy in the second line on the right and left wings (both surrounded by 3 privates each in front and on their side), while 5-star and flag stay in the rear.

In my opinion back then, the colonel gave me the impression of my strongest expendable piece. Pwede ko siyang pang-scout at mawala nang hindi masyado impacted ang mid-game ko. Best case scenario, makaka-capture siya ng tatlo o apat na pyesa bago mawala (tipong nakaka-clear ng private minefield sana). Anybody who kills a colonel is either a general or a spy.

My problem these days is that many formations have a strong frontline that easily kills my colonel on the first challenge, so wala akong masyadong nalalaman maliban sa "Malakas ang piece na ito." My 3-star is the next scout, pero chambahan rin sa kanya.

Clarify ko lang siguro na confident ako sa defensive capability ng formation ko, pero weak siguro siya sa offense. Ang main question ko na lang siguro is, worth it ba talaga na mag-scout ang tipong 4-star?
bishop

Re: Preferred Scouting pieces and Movement

Post by bishop » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:46 pm

stick to your strategy, better to be comfortable to what you are familiar with, as to the scouting strategy; planning has a lot to do for it; if you plan to use your colonel and lost remember to validate it with a private so you can be sure that the piece is not a spy; at any rate from one star to three star; you must validate it with a private so you may not be confuse with it as spy...
argeey94

Re: Preferred Scouting pieces and Movement

Post by argeey94 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:51 am

I see. Thank you for the advice m(_ _)m