TOP 5-10 GG players today Versus top 10 veterans

Comments, discussion, announcements
Leooilisab

Re: TOP 5-10 GG players today Versus top 10 veterans

Post by Leooilisab » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 am

Mr genriden,
I love this game so much at that time. I remember my dad was convincing me to take the board exam for EE and i said after the gg tournament. Yes I did took the EE board exam with a month remaining to review and i fortunately i passed. GG have been a part of our daily life at that time especially i was playing for different companies who hires me to play for them. I have also coach College of Holy Spirit where I am the only boy in the premises. It is the character that was built and growing that made me what i am today and i cannot hide but GG was part of the equation.

On my next visit sa Pinas I will include GG on my itenerary so i can play with you guys. Enjoy playing.
juggernaut64

Post by juggernaut64 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:49 am

Promise yan Idol Noel ha. Please get in touch with me prior to your visit. E-mail me at navarro062664@yahoo.com so we can preare the group and I will also inform Ma'm Tess Pasola. I'm sure that she will be most delighted to see you once more.

By the way, na-contact na rin namin yung last National Champ natin, si Rocky Tadili and I think he is also connected sa media, same as Kuya Mao. I believe that you know him 'coz nung last National Open na sinalihan mo nung 1976, if I am not mistaken ha, Rocky became the National Champ sa Juniors'. He became my teammate sa last GGIST (Inter-scholastics) where we bought played for UE.

Mukhang dumadami na ang veterans' team. :)

You, Edgar Silverio, Kuya Mao (Renato Mauricio), Kuya Hermie (Martinez), Rocky and yours truly. 6 na tayo. Bale 4 kayong SS nila Edgar, Hermie and Rocky at 2 kaming strat ni Kuya Mao. If needed, I still have contacts with at least 3 of my teammates nung grade school (sa Siena) and 2 more of my teammates nung college sa UE. So kaya na natin yung 10. Okay? At kung uubra, paglaruin natin si Kuya Chito (Navarro) on-line para 5 na kayong SS. Malamang nga, with your leadership, easy pa natin ang 20 sa veterans e. hahahaha....

As always, hoping to see you soon. God bless!

Jug ;)
UEV

Post by UEV » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:57 am

Correct me if mistaken, the pinaka last national champion was actually Strategist Renato Malindog who's trophy is still displayed at the sports center of UE and it was from his so called "rolling or gumugulong" that I derived the mongolian attack.
juggernaut64

Post by juggernaut64 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Sir UEV,

Pare, sorry to correct you. First, the last National Champ was Rocky Tadili. So that trophy displayed at UE was because of Rocky. Next, Renato Malindog, with much apologies to him, is not a Strategist. If you will recall, in 1981-82, we were all in one team, UE. And in that team, there were only 3 titled players, Rocky, Ben Adriano and yours truly. When Rocky and I discussed on the final line-up, I gave way to Ben, being older than I was, so Rocky and Ben ended as the two alternates and I ended up as playing for Board 1.

Renato Malindog, who played in Board 4, is a very good player and I also believe that he got the norm of Strategist Candidate having amassed enough points in other individual tourneys such as the Dunkin' Donuts Open where he placed 3rd behind me and Rocky as Champ, and in the DSWD Open where he also placed 3rd once more behind Rocky and yours truly as Champ. If I am not mistaken, Rene also won a leg of the last National Open (1982?) as I won the other one but unfortunately, the "supposed" Finals, where Rocky was seeded as defending Champion, to be included by the champions and runners-up of all the other legs, did not materialize. Anyway, going back to that 1981 UE Team, Board 2 was Dave Gomez, Board 3 was Bernie dela Paz and Rolly Jimenez played for Board 5. That's the composition of Team A.

And you Sir were in Team B with Salvador "Elot" Lao, LLamas, Bambi Purisima and 3 others. Sorry, I cannot recall their names anymore. Okay?

Always,

jug ;)
Leooilisab

Post by Leooilisab » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 am

Jug,
Wow ang galing ng memories mo kaya you deserve the title Strategist because you can retain this in your memory bank. As the years passed the memories are staying and just like the game GG, you must have this qualities to be a very good player not just a player but an excellent player. :D
kurama

Post by kurama » Wed May 04, 2011 11:39 am

pasali po baguhan po puro play na sa salpakan.com mgnda daw kasi d2
Mediaice

Post by Mediaice » Sat May 21, 2011 3:21 pm

I agree na iban... and naban na po pla si kurama :) one time din na nakalaban ko yan and yon nag ka trashtalkan nga po..... One thing is kung loko loko po ko and loko loko din siya will surely fight :) hehe.

Tournament... - If theres any tournament i can join sana isali nyo ko... either tournament of beginers and veterans i will join di ako mamimili kung saan ako isasali kung meron man basta makalaro.
SIRCAT2000

Post by SIRCAT2000 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi to all! I am interested to join this if ever this goes thru. I have created a page in facebook called GAME OF THE GENERALS FEDERATION where Renato Mauricio, Hermie Martinez and Chito Navarro are the only members. I am glad to find people active in this site. By the way I was the 10th place finisher in the 1975 AGOGO won by Santi Fernando against Noel Basilio. I have some clippings in my facebook account. Just add me: CATALINO ENRIQUEZ..."the youngest national open finalist who was the only surviving player from the Preliminaries. Among my victims in the finals were Boy Sales and Johnny Salting. My first round in the finals was against Santi Fernando and it ended in a draw. If you are serious in bringing our game back, let us work on it. You can join the facebook group and we can take it from there. Add me in your facebook account. I was also a member of the UST GG Team that placed 3rd in the INTER SCHOOL won by MAPUA against UE. My contact numbers are 0906 207 1281 and 0908 953 6882.
SIRCAT2000

Post by SIRCAT2000 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Glad to find GG players from the site requesting me to be added in the list. Noel, Joel, I am still waiting for your messages. Init na init na akong maglaro uli. Veteran din naman ako kahit di ako naging champion sa mga GG tourneys. At least nakasama sa top 10 players sa Pilipinas nuong 1976. Si Charo Santos nga nanonood lang sa game namin ni Santi as Baron Travel Girl.

Di na kailangan ng matinding ads. Pag naumpisahan yan madali na ulit buhayin. I was able to organize chess tournaments when I was still a Faculty member of Colegio San Agustin, Makati. Please reach me thru my facebook account. SIRCAT2000@YAHOO.COM
UEV

Post by UEV » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 am

The new players of today have ascended to such levels of play worth ascertaining...try to log in and play with the top 500 of this site and experience it.